Well, I confess that I have really been struggling to trust God with all of this. Especially providing the money that I need to go to Kazakhstan. But God is continually reminding me that I need to trust Him. Through many people; friends, family, people at church, and small children, God is steadily providing the money. Since June 13th, I have received about $8,000 in donations...add that to the $3,000 I had saved up and I have about $11,000! What a miracle! I can't wait to see how God provides the last $8,000 in these next two weeks! God is so amazing!
Another way that God has provided for me is he provided a job so that I can work to make money. After searching and applying for jobs since May and not getting anything because no one wanted to hire me for so short a time, I gave up in the beginning of July. Exactly two weeks ago on Tuesday, July 10, I got a phone call from Busy Bee Learning Tree day care center in Slinger saying that I had been recommended to them by Dr. Sharon Burow (my professor). I interviewed the next day, was hired on Thursday, and started work on Friday! I have been working almost every day since then! The Lord certainly does provide!
Well, besides continuing to fill out forms and paperwork, and prepare and take care of all the details for leaving, and working, I have been able to see my family almost everyday for at least a little bit. It is so nice having them close again.
Also, two weeks ago my friends Jake and Shelly got married. It was a lovely ceremony with a very good sermon, and the reception was so much fun! It was basically a reunion of most of my college friends. It was so nice to see everyone again.
This past Thursday was my boyfriend Jesse's birthday and I had fun celebrating it with him for the first time as his girlfriend. :)
And this past Saturday I finally had my graduation party/farewell for Kazakhstan party. Many of my family and friends came and I enjoyed seeing and talking with them...with many of them for the last time until I return from Kazakhstan.
Well, I have to get going...I am working on moving from the Boyd's house (family from church I've been living with) to my family's new house, I work 6 hours this afternoon, and then I have the Access prayer meeting at church.
Love you all!
Elicia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Elicia,
It was great to hear of the opportunity the LORD has provided for you to go and teach the children.
I will be praying for your ministry.
Always keep Jesus in the forefront sister!
In HIS Service,
AKA
Post a Comment